Monday 5 February 2007

A week on Friday...

suddenly doesn't feel very far off..

I've bought my imodium and suncream, I feel like I could recite the Lonely Planet, and my Thai Sim card arrived this morning.

And I just realised how f'in hot it is out there... very glad I've got hotels with pools in Bangkok (flash eh? no "Beach" style fan cubicles for me!..). Also interested to discover that the temperature drops from mid 90s to mid 50s overnight in the North (Bangkok and South it doesn't get any lower than mid 70s).. so perhaps I'd best pack my bedsocks after all!

The "to do" list is getting shorter, and the pile of stuff for packing is getting bigger - despite my best "capsule wardrobe" intentions.

And I'm beginning to freak out a tiny bit about launching myself on a nation where I know precisely one word of the language.. and that's just because it's the name of the local restaurant!

EEEK!

No comments: